Images are representations only.
The Dodge Flexidyne is a high-efficiency mechanical soft start device providing smooth, controlled acceleration with reduced current draw from the motor.
Flexidyne is available for use in belted-duty or direct drive applications, utilizing either HIGH SPEED Para-Flex or Poly-Disc couplings, for increased versatility.
Flexidyne operates at 100% efficiency, using centrifugal forces which cause the low charge to be distributed throughout the housing, engaging the internal rotor and thus moving the driven load.
The result is the equivalent of a “no load” start on the motor, meaning that the initial amp draw is significantly lower.
Additional advantages of the Dodge Flexidyne are that the motor can be sized based upon running torque of the application, instead of start up torque, and equipment life is prolonged as a result of decreased wear and tear.
Since the Flexidyne is a mechanical device, it does not require an additional power supply or programming, making it ideal for remote locations.Features
- Steel shot mechanical soft start coupling
- Mechanical soft start via flow charge (cast steel pellets) fill
- 100% efficient, no slippage
- Available in three designs: drive, coupling and C-flex
- Accommodates up to 4.5" shaft and 250 HP applications
- Conveyors (Bulk Material Handling)
- Any application requiring overload protection
- Any application with a high-inertia startup